General Election 2021 - November 2, 2021
***IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW THIS ELECTION SEASON!***
*If you have requested to receive a paper ballot in the mail, you WILL NOT be able to bring it to a polling location to submit it. Please drop your COMPLETED mail-in ballot either: in regular mail, in red white & blue drop box in front of Town Hall (photo below) or deliver it to the County Board of Elections.
*Voter registration deadline to be able to vote in the General Election is October 12, 2021.
Polling locations are as follows:
Districts 7 & 15 - First Aid Squad
Districts 5, 9 & 10 - Town Hall
Districts 8, 11 & 18 - Library
Districts - 1, 4, 12, 14 & 16 - Senior House
Districts 2 & 13 - Pine Brook Fire House
Districts 3, 6 & 17 - Towaco Fire House
*If you would like to receive a PAPER BALLOT for this Election, please be sure to apply for that by the October 26, 2021 (by mail) deadline (deadline for in-person paper ballot applications is November 1st by 3pm at the County Clerk's Office). Link - - - > Paper Ballot Request Information
***Any voting questions can be directed to my office. Call 973-331-3304 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.***
Election Dates and Misc. Information (FYI Only)
Annual Fire District Budget and Commissioner Elections - Fire District Numbers 1, 2 and 3. Please vote at your respective Fire District’s voting location:
- District No. 1 - Montville Fire Department, 108 Main Road, Montville
- District No. 2 - Towaco Fire Department, 27 Whitehall Road, Towaco
- District No. 3 - Pine Brook Fire Department, 47 Bloomfield Avenue Pine Brook
Polls open 2 p.m. to 9 p.m.
General Dates of when Elections are held and poll hours
- Board of Education Election - no longer in April. Now in conjunction with the General Election in November.
- June - Primary Election. Polls open 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.*
- August - Special Primary Election. Poll hours to be determined.
- October - Special General Election. Poll hours to be determined.
- November - General Election. Polls open 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.*