* NEW *
03/13/20: The Montville Health Department, in conjunction with county, state, and federal officials, is continuing to monitor the current novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. As always, our Dial-A-Ride client’s health and safety are of our utmost priority. As the two groups who are most at-risk for serious health outcomes from COVID-19 are the elderly (60+) and those with chronic illnesses, we are modifying our program for the time being to ensure that both our clients and our staff are protected, while still meeting the most essential needs of our clients.
• Medical-needs trips (medical appointments, physical therapy, pharmacies, etc.) will still be conducted.
• Ride-sharing (more than one client in a vehicle if they are both going to similar locations on a trip) is suspended until further notice, with the exception of the 12-passenger bus for group trips. The bus is limited to a reduced number of passengers that allows for social distancing.
• Activities at the Senior House remain limited, including the Senior Nutrition Lunch Program. The Dial-A-Ride program is assisting with the delivery of these meals to senior's homes as an alternative to a group gathering at the Senior House.
• Bottles of an EPA-registered antimicrobial product for use against COVID-19 has been obtained and one distributed to each Dial-A-Ride vehicle for use between each ride.
• We encourage our clients to monitor themselves for symptoms, and to notify the Dial-A-Ride program if they have a trip scheduled and feel unwell.
Questions? Please call the Dial-A-Ride line between 9am and 12noon, Monday through Friday, at 973-331-3336. Thank you.
About the Program
The Dial-A-Ride Program is coordinated out of the Health Department, and may be reached at 973-331-3336 from 9am to 12noon Monday through Friday. Drivers provide transportation services to senior citizens of Montville and Boonton Township. Dial-A-Ride vehicles include standard passenger vehicles, and a mid-sized bus with a wheelchair lift.
Rides are provided for:
- Medical appointments
- Group food shopping trips on Wednesdays (Parsippany ShopRite)
- Group shopping center trips (Walmart, Target, shopping malls, etc.)
- Senior Nutrition Lunch Program
- Other activities
Low Cost Transportation with NJ Transit for Cancer Patients/Survivors
NJ Transit operates a paratransit service for people with disabilities who are unable to use the local fixed route NJ Transit bus services. NJ Transit Access Link service is only available during the same days and hours as the regularly scheduled local fixed route bus service, including weekends and holidays. In order to use Access link, customers must first call NJ Transit for eligibility and reservations.