Effective Saturday, January 2, 2021, Montville Township will re-open limited outdoor recreational areas including community courts, turf fields (excluding grass fields and softball fields), playgrounds, and parks (excluding pavilions) in accordance with all guidance provided by our local Health Department, the Office of Emergency Management, and Administration:
- Please do not use any Township recreation facility if you or someone in your household are experiencing any symptoms of illness, or if you or someone in your household are under quarantine or isolation for COVID-19.
- If you begin to experience any symptoms of illness while at a Township recreation facility, please leave the facility immediately and contact your physician for further guidance.
- Please practice social distancing at all times by staying at least 6 feet away from others (exceptions: immediate family members, caretakers, household members, or romantic partners).
- While visiting outdoor Township recreation areas, it is strongly recommended that all wear a close-fitting mask at all times whenever you are less than 6 feet social distanced from non-family household members; (exceptions: children 2 years of age or younger, and those who are medically unable to tolerate a mask).
- Please wash your hands thoroughly prior to entering a Township recreation area.
- Please discard all used personal protective equipment such as masks and gloves into the appropriate trash receptacles.
- The Montville Township Police Department will be monitoring Township recreational facilities to ensure compliance with all state, county, and municipal health and safety directives. If any violations are observed, please report them to the Montville Township Police Department at 973-257-4300.
Because the number of COVID-19 cases in Montville Township remains at a high level, all Township-owned indoor recreation facilities remain closed at this time.